Check Out Citiliner’s Holiday Checklist for 2016
Can you believe we have reached that time of the year again? It’s time to work hard, get your things in order and go on holiday, man! So, you’ve decided on your holiday destination and you’ve booked your Citiliner bus ticket. What happens next? Don’t panic and forget half of your things at home when you leave. We have your back with our super 2016 holiday checklist!
Personal ID or Student ID
Cash and credit cards
A good book or your tablet (optional)
Travel guides (optional)
Your prescription medication
A copy of your prescription
Nausea, allergy and/or headache medication (optional)
Vaccination (if required)
Shawl or long sleeved shirt
Toothpaste and toothbrush
Hair ties, bobby pins
Face wash or cleanser
Make up (optional)
Travel sized shampoo and conditioner
Nail clippers (optional)
Toilet roll in case of emergency
Prepare your personal affairs:
Arrange someone to feed your pets and water your plants
Arrange someone to collect your mail
Empty your refrigerator of all things that can go down
Set up your holiday email auto responder (if required)
Pay your bills
Unplug all of your appliances
Arrange with your security company
Lock all of your doors and windows
Store your valuables in a safe place
Leave your house key with a trusted friend or family member
Top travel tips to ensure your trip goes down as planned:
- Be flexible. Don’t stress if things do not go down as planned. Going on holiday is an adventure after all.
- Follow the checklist above when packing and getting your things in order.
- Create a backup your photos on a computer or memory stick as soon as possible to avoid losing them.
- Bring an extra camera battery.
- Pre-plan your outfits to avoid running around trying to pack everything at once.
- Save your hotel room number and its address on your phone.
- Pack an umbrella.
- Separate your sources of money to avoid someone stealing all of your money at the same time. For example, keep your cards in your shirt pocket, cash in a bag etc.
- Ladies, always pack a shawl or sarong. Walking around in a swimsuit isn’t appropriate everywhere.
- Wear noise cancelling headphones on the bus, perfect for long journeys.
- Roll your clothes when packing.
There you are, all packed and ready to go?